Wednesday, February 4, 2009

As promised


A picture of the (mostly-complete) lower portion of the turret assembly. I still need to center the motor up properly so it will spin freely, and thread the shaft further so it can be securely attached to the base, which requires a die I don't have immediately available, so I'll scrounge around at work to see if we've got one. I'll most likely have to thread the other motor's shaft further, too, so if we don't have one at work, I'll probably just pick up a tap and die set to do it properly.

I also managed to salvage a five-or-so year old laptop that I had laying around the house that wasn't working properly by replacing the OS with Ubuntu Linux; that's probably going to end up as Skynet's brain, presuming it keeps working with the Ubuntu install.

No comments:

Post a Comment